It was okay, but maybe I just added too much sage, I didn't measure it. Maybe I just don't like fresh sage, even though I have never noticed a dislike of sage in general before now. I was not sure how much squash I had to use, it seamed to be about 2 pounds, like the recipe called for, but maybe it was less. Another good reason to hope for the food scale I ask for from Santa this year. Give the recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Roasted Butternut Squash & Sage
4 to 6 side servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until squash is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until squash is fork-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with sage.