|I don't know why so far they have all baked like this, in little V's but they are great.|
Chocolate Chip Scones
(makes 10 scones)
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 handful wholewheat
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sift the plain flour, add in the wholewheat. Mix in the baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Then with your fingers mix in the butter until the mixtures resembles fresh breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the middle, pour in exactly 1 1/4 milk and use a fork to work in the dry ingredients around it. Finish mixing by hand but don't overwork.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Form a soft but firm dough—add milk if too dry, add flour if too wet. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a solid shape (1 1/4 inches thick).
- Cut or separate into rounds and place on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to freeze.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake 15 - 20 minutes until lightly golden.