I have been on a bit of an avocado kick lately. It is just so yummy and versatile. Last week I came across a guest post by Angela from Oh She Glows for Creamy Avocado Pasta. I remember reading the post, but I can't find it anymore, so I apologize. Anyway it was the perfect thing to make because I had and leftover half of a lemon and some basil I needed to use ASAP and I was glad I remembered the post and found the recipe.
This recipe is super yummy and so easy to make. If you need a quick meal for two, I highly recommend it. Just remember that since it is avocado, the leftovers do not really heat up well or look very edible either. I don't have a food processor, just a blender and there was not enough liquid to throw it in there, so I just finely chopped everything and mixed it with a hand mixer to get it all creamy. I did not or do not care that the recipe is vegan, so I added some cheese. And really, can you go wrong with Cheese? I think not.
|This does not do it justice. I promise it's good.|
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted& cut into chunks
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used angel hair spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a medium bowl. Mix with hand mixer until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into the bowl of sauce. Toss until fully combined. Garnish with cheese, lemon zest and black pepper.
- Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.