Saturday, June 4, 2011

Monster Cookies!

My favorite coffee shop recently found a new baker, (whose name is also Jennifer).  Among the many tasty treats are monster cookies.  I believe hers are vegan and they are so good with my afternoon latte.  Those cookies made me go hunting for my old monster cookie recipe that I had back in college.  

The recipe I have makes a massive batch of cookies.  I used to half it and that still required six eggs.  The cookies were also huge, at least four inches in diameter.  I remember they were delicious, but I just didn't feel like making such a massive batch or dividing it down into a smaller batch again.  I turned to the good old internet for a smaller recipe and found one from Paula Deen and The Pioneer Woman.  I went the recipe from Paula Deen because I love peanut butter in cookies and I didn't feel like buying a box of rice krispies.  Someday I will have to try the other recipe though because it did look yummy and had pecans in it. 

I added something in the picture that doesn't belong... only in the picture

These cookies are great and super quick to make up.  I think I was working for less than and hour and a half between mixing and baking.  They are not huge cookies like the ones made in college, but I probably don't need to eat multiple massive cookies in one day either.    

 Ingredients
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup plain m&m's
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. 
  2. In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the m&m's, chocolate chips, baking soda, and oatmeal. 
  3. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. 
  4. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags. 
Yummy!
Enjoy!  

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand and I can't seem to fix the all Caps. Sorry! It looks normal in edit mode...

    ReplyDelete