Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Creamy Avocado Pasta

I have been on a bit of an avocado kick lately.  It is just so yummy and versatile.  Last week I came across a guest post by Angela from  Oh She Glows for Creamy Avocado Pasta.  I remember reading the post, but I can't find it anymore, so I apologize.  Anyway it was the perfect thing to make because I had and leftover half of a lemon and some basil I needed to use ASAP and  I was glad I remembered the post and found the recipe.

This recipe is super yummy and so easy to make.  If you need a quick meal for two, I highly recommend it.  Just remember that since it is avocado, the leftovers do not really heat up well or look very edible either.  I don't have a food processor, just a blender and there was not enough liquid to throw it in there, so I just finely chopped everything and mixed it with a hand mixer to get it all creamy.  I did not or do not care that the recipe is vegan, so I added some cheese.  And really, can you go wrong with Cheese?  I think not. 

Ingredients
This does not do it justice. I promise it's good.
  • 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted& cut into chunks
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used angel hair spaghetti)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste 
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese 
Directions:
  1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a medium bowl.  Mix with hand mixer until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Mix until smooth and creamy.
  3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into the bowl of sauce.  Toss until fully combined. Garnish with cheese, lemon zest and black pepper. 
  4. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Enjoy!

1 comment: