|Compliments of Melissa's boyfriend Kurt|
The grocery store ended up being the actual problem, which I kind of suspected might be the case and I was prepared to make some substitutions before I even arrived. I couldn't find any plums and the peaches were tiny so I replaced the plums with pears. Of course after I bought my supplies, I found out two more decided they would join us for the event and went out in search of plums at a different grocery store. Of course there were none so I went with apples. My other change was to use the lemons I had at home instead of buying limes and I didn't really measure so much, just kind of scooped some sugar in. All in all it was really tasty and the rosemary adds a wonderful touch. I need to learn how to cut peaches and nectarines though, that didn't go so well...
Roasted Fruit with Ice Cream
serves 12 to 16
- 6 small peaches
- 5 nectarines
- 2 apples
- 3 pears
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter- cut into chunks
- juice from 3 fresh lemons
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick skins of fruit with a fork, then quarter and pit the peaches and nectarines, slice the apples and pears.
- In a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan, toss fruit with the sprigs fresh rosemary, tablespoons sugar, butter, and lemon juice.
- Roast fruit until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard rosemary the sprigs but leave some of the leaves.
- Serve warm over ice cream.