|I had to get these sprinkles, they were so pretty!|
makes about 24 cookies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter,
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and
- leveled, plus more for rolling the dough
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon anise extract plus a teanny bit more- overflow
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sprinkles, for decoration (optional)
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs until blended. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined (do not over mix).
- With floured hands, roll level tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake until puffed and the bottoms are pale golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and the vanilla until the mixture forms a thick but pourable glaze (add more water if necessary).
- Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze and let set, rounded side up, on a rack set over a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle the tops. Allow the glaze to set, about 20 minutes.