Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Swirl Blondies

I needed a recipe to try out my new Kitchen Aid mixer last Wednesday, I mean it couldn't sit on the counter for more than 24 hours without use.   I also needed one that I had all the ingredients for.  I still have not done any real grocery shopping since returning to New York, like, two weeks ago.  Opps.  Luckily Eat Live Run came to my rescue with these Blondies

They were quick and delicious and the perfect balance of sweet and salty.  I don't know if that was because of the peanut butter I used, or if they are always like that, but they were perfect.  The only change I made was the peanut butter because I didn't have any creamy.  I was also concerned that I did not brown the butter enough, but it was fine.  I whipped these up in less than an hour, perfect for a week night. 

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
Makes 20 bars
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 and butter an 8-inch square pan.
  2. Brown your butter by melting it over medium heat on the stove until it becomes a golden caramel color.  Be careful not to burn the butter—you only want to brown it.  This will take several minutes and it’s easiest to keep swirling the pan with your hand while it browns.
  3. Pour the browned butter into the bowl and add the brown sugar.  Beat for about four minutes, until creamy. 
  4. Add the egg and beat again. Then, add the flour, salt and vanilla extract.  Beat until combined, then add peanut butter and gently mix so the batter is just swirled.
  5. Fold in the chocolate chips. 
  6. Spread out mixture in your buttered pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
  7. Let cool before slicing into squares.
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment