Sunday, January 23, 2011

Best Ever Pancakes

That is the actual name of this recipe written on my little yellow recipe card.  This recipe is, perhaps, perfection.  I refuse to eat Bisquick pancakes because of these pancakes. If you ever go out to brunch/breakfast with me at a restaurant, you will notice that I will never order normal pancakes. It's because of this recipe.  I have been at friends houses in other states and called my mom for it.  My mom's cookbook (I think it was a Pillsbury one, it was old when I was little) is missing pages in this area and the page with the base recipe is torn out and barely legible.

I have been helping make these pancakes for as long as I can remember.  I remember being so excited that there was a secret ingredient that my mom and grandma added, I thought no one else knew. On time when I was maybe 5ish, I accidentally added twice as much milk as necessary which resulted in the need to double the recipe, which, to me, was the most brilliant idea ever.  From that point on I "accidentally" added too much milk so that we would have to double the rest of the recipe.

Below is the recipe as I made it today( the full recipe).  Lately I have been adding wheat flour for half of the normal flour and I typically half it now, unless I am making it for several people.  This round I also added some raspberries since I was in the grocery store this morning.

The Best Ever Pancakes
  • 1 cup of Flour
  • 1 cup of Wheat Flour
  • 5 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 3tbsp Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/3 cupButter
  • 2 cups Milk
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • about a cup or so of Raspberries
  1. Mix the liquids and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
  2. Slowly add the dry mixture into the liquid mixture and stir until combined then and raspberries. 
  3. Pour 1/4 cup in to a skillet or griddle on medium to low heat.  Flip over when bubbles are forming all over the pancake.  Let rise and turn golden brown and remove from heat.  Repeat and repeat and repeat. 
                                      
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment