Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quick Ravioli Dinner

  • I have been really good this week.  Before I went grocery shopping on Sunday I went through my cookbooks and recipes to pick out a few things to make this week.  I haven't done that in a long time.  To top it off, I'm actually making them.  Something always gets in the way normally, a late meeting, a happy hour drink, a free concert. These somethings always cause me to get home later and wanting to spend zero time cooking and reaching for the Trader Joe's Pot Stickers.  I am out of pot stickers so I had to find some easy and quick recipes to replace them. 
  • Real Simple is pretty awesome at doing that, except they always seem to require some ingredient that I don't have and won't have much need for after one recipe.  This recipe for Cheese Ravioli with Toasted Walnuts requires all staples (at least in my kitchen) although I did change up the cheese because, for once, I didn't have Parmesan on hand.  It was really good and quick to make.  Perfect for after a long meeting.   
  • Cheese Ravioli with Toasted Walnuts
  • Ingredients: 
Delicious!
  • 14-ounce package frozen cheese ravioli 
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • clove garlic,diced
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice (one lemon fresh squeezed)
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp dry flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup grated Asiago Cheese 
Directions: 
  1. Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
  3. Add the garlic and walnuts. Cook, stirring, until the nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  4. Stir in the lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, the parsley, and the reserved cooking water.
  5. Add the ravioli and toss to coat. Divide among plates and sprinkle with the Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment