I came across a few recipes Turkey Burgers while I was flipping through my recipe binder and cookbooks. I settled on this one found in Great Food Fast. I felt that my first adventure in the land of ground turkey needed to be mixed with other ingredients and flavors for fear of being grossed out. I was concerned I wouldn't cook them long enough or over cook them, I was cooking a few things on the grill at once, but about 5 minutes on each side was perfect on my grill at medium high. I don't really know what I was expecting, but they turned out really good. I switched the cheese because I am not a fan of Gruyere and I mixed up some avocado spread. I will definitely be trying out more recipes in the near future involving ground turkey.
|Grilled sweet potato fries, grilled zucchini halves and a turkey burger with avocado spread|
- 3/4 to 2/3 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 finely grated Swiss cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 dried bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (I finally bought some!)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to high. In a medium bowl, use your hand to gently combine ground turkey with the cheese, scallions, breadcrumbs, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Form into two 1-inch thick patties.
- Grill patties for 5 to 10 minutes on a side until cooked through and serve on lightly grilled buns.
To make the Avocado Spread smash one avocado, one minced garlic clove, and the juice of one lemon (or about 2 tbsp) with a bit of salt and pepper. Spread it over your turkey burger and enjoy!