Monday, May 2, 2011

Pear & Brie Quesadillas

 This weekend I did some major grocery shopping all excited for light & springlike meals.  I had some leftover brie from the Easter Feast, so I started with the recipe for Peach &Brie Quesadillas with Lime Honey Dipping Sauce that has been on my fridge forever.  I figured that peaches would not be available since they are out of season, so I decided to use pears instead. I love this brie & pear sandwich from 'Snice & was hoping all the other flavors would still work together.  They did wonderfully, oh so wonderfully.  I completely recommend the switch.  I will try it with peaches when they are around, but for now I will be my pear version again.

Pear & Brie Quesadillas

Sauce: 
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • fresh squeezed juice from one lime
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
Quesadillas:
  • 2 thinly sliced peeled pears (I used bartlett) 
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 4 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
  • 4 (8-inch)flour tortillas
  • Cooking spray

  1. To prepare sauce, combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
  2. To prepare quesadillas, combine pears, chives, and sugar, tossing gently to coat. 
  3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Brown on side of each tortilla. 
  4. Arrange half of the cheese and half of pear mixture on a browned side of one tortilla; top with another tortilla, browned side down. Place in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadilla. 
  5. Cut each quesadilla into wedges; serve with sauce.
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment