Saturday, April 16, 2011

One last Lemon recipe trial: Fettuccine with Lemon

The Lemon- off is tomorrow and even though I decided what I am making earlier this week, I still wanted to try out a recipe I found in a Martha Stewart magazine called Fettuccine with Lemon, Mint, and Parmesan.  I ended up making a few changes to the recipe because I am cheap and only need half the amount of pasta, so below is my version of Fettuccine with Lemon.  It turned out well, although I would say that it was not as good as the Lemon Spaghetti with Asparagus, my roommate said he liked this recipe more.  I guess you can do your own taste trial and decide for yourself. 
 
Fettuccine with Lemon
  • 1/2 pound dried fettuccine
  • Coarse salt
  • 1/2 to 3/4cup asiago cheese
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • Crushed red-pepper flakes (my friend who was joining me cannot handle red-pepper flakes and I forgot to sprinkle some on my own dish, but I bet it's an awesome addition)

  1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
  2. Transfer pasta to a large bowl, and mix in reserved cooking liquid, cheese, lemon zest and juice, mint, oil, and red-pepper flakes if desired. Divide among dishes, garnish with cheese, and serve immediately.

    Enjoy! 
     
    Picture Via

No comments:

Post a Comment