|All the delicious Dishes|
Yesterday was the big Lemon off and it was a huge success. So many yummy things and a few amazing trophies! In a tight race for number one the Lemon Lasagna by Hillary won Best of Show, The Lemon Pasta by Melissa was the Savory winner and the Lemon Icebox Pie by Stephanie took home the Sweet trophy by a landslide. Truth be told they were all so good, I had trouble making my choices and honestly cannot remember which ones I picked.
|Melissa, Hillary, & Stephanie with their trophies|
|The table after the feast|
Lemon Ricotta Tart
- 72 vanilla wafers (from a 12-ounce box)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. In a food processor, pulse vanilla wafers until finely ground (to yield 2 cups). Add butter and pulse until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a 9-inch tart pan. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides. Place pan on a baking sheet; bake crust until lightly browned and set, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In clean food processor, blend ricotta, cream cheese, eggs, granulated sugar, and lemon zest and juice until smooth. Pour into hot crust in pan; bake until filling is set and browned in spots, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before serving, dust top of tart with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
The rest of the recipes will be up soon!