Thursday, February 3, 2011

This is Amazing! Spaghetti Carbonara

 This is so good! How did I not know about it? I mean I guess I knew about it, I just never tried it. It was so easy and quick and tasty, I had to share it. It came from my Martha Stewart Great Food Fast cookbook. I didn't take any pictures cause I didn't plan on posting this up, sorry.
  • 8 ounces bacon (8 slices), cut 1-inch thick crosswise
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
  1. Set a large pot of water to boil (for the pasta). In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 12 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
  2. Salt the boiling water generously; add the pasta and cook until al dente according to the package instructions.
  3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan, and half-and-half. Set aside.
  4. Drain the pasta, leaving some water clinging to it. Working quickly, add the hot pasta to the egg mixture. Add the bacon; season with salt and pepper, and toss all to combine (the heat from the pasta will cook the eggs). Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese. 
  5. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment